Thursday, April 27, 2017

Week 3 - Post 2

I feel like a completely different student finishing second year than I did when I finished first year. Probably because after first year, I barely knew anything legal because the first year of the program was so generalized. After finishing second year I have the confidence I need to be successful working in a law firm. It made going to interviews easier as well, because overall I just felt like I had so much more legal knowledge.   

I really enjoyed blogging through my placement. I loved reading about everyone else's experiences and how differently things are done at different law firms. If we were not blogging through out work placement, then I would have been wondering how everything was going for people. 

I was well prepared for the workplace. I mean, school is too short to be able to cover everything, but for the most part I am familiar with the jargon, paperwork, formatting etc. I am very happy with the education I was taught through the legal program.  

I have chosen the right career path for me. I love law and that is why I was so interested in taking this program. I came back to school as a mature student and was terrified that I would not be able to complete the program. But I did, and I did a good job. I am proud of myself. This is something I have wanted to accomplish in my life for a long time. 

I think I have set the bar high for myself when it comes to expectations in the workplace. I know that I always want to do things the right way and efficiently. 

Well, I can't believe that this will be my last blog post and that tomorrow is officially the end of the Office Administration - Legal program. It is a bitter sweet end. Going back to school and attending school for the last two years has been a wonderful and positive experience in my life. I am so happy and thankful that I had the opportunity to further my education. Thank you Mrs. Bradley for being such a supportive and understanding professor. Thank you to all my classmates that helped me out when I had questions! I will miss everyone and I hope we all try to stay in touch just a little through the Facebook group. 

See everyone at graduation! Cheers!!!  

9 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny,

    Congratulations to your amazing new job. You deserve it. Is there anything that you would like to advise us or any problems that we might not have had yet?

    I really hope that you have happy wedding day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Claire! Thank you for the kind words. Overall everything has gone well. Not any real problems have occurred. See you at Graduation!

      Delete
  2. You are most welcome Jenny! It was my pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenny! Congratulations on the new job and the wedding bells ringing! You had mentioned you were nervous about answering the phones but you never mentioned how you go over those nerves; did you put the person on hold and quickly asked your lead assistant, did you use Google or a program if they had a very specific question? I'm glad you enjoyed your placement!

    Regards,

    Maryrose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Maryrose! I am more comfortable answering phones because I feel that I know most the answers now. If not I'll either put on hold and ask or call back. But for the most part I think I'm doing well with the phones now!!

      Delete
  4. Hi Jenny!
    Congrats on your new job! Have an awesome wedding and life! What is you're favourite part of your job? and how did you get over the phone nerves? (I Guess that happens with time)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey!! My favourite part of my job would be when I get interact with the lawyers and clients. Phones have gotten easier simply because I'm more comfortable. Hope to see you at Graduation!

      Delete
  5. Hello Jenny,
    I couldn't agree more. The transition between year one and two was so different but I happy with all that we learned because it did prepare us for the most part for the real thing.
    I am so happy that you have picked the right career for yourself.

    Congratulations on the job opportunity. If you had to pick one thing out of everything you are doing what's your favourite part of working at Smith Valeriote?

    How is it going with the phone calls? I know even after these past three weeks I still have some nerves when answering the phone.

    Hope everything else is going well, I miss you too. I can't wait to see pictures from your wedding! See you at Convocation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! The more time passes the more comfortable I am answering my phone ! Only real estate related issues get put through to my extension, so that helps. See you at Graduation !!!

      Delete